XEL Macro-Hook, 18 AWG PVC Test Lead
The 604XEL is the insulation-piercing XEL test hook 18 AWG PVC jumper test lead. The narrow body insulation-piercing XEL macro-hook makes testing easy in small and hard to reach areas. This test connector is also designed for piercing 32-18 AWG wire. In addition, the T-Shaped handle of the test hooks has a shrouded banana plug socket on the side. This allows technicians to easily plug in test leads from an angle in order to get straight to work for diagnostic testing. The test leads utilize 18 AWG PVC wire or 20 AWG PVC coil cord wire.
- Other XEL test hook 18 AWG PVC test leads to: silicone jumper (404XEL), to lead only (613XEL), heavy-duty 4 mm banana plug (BXEL), heavy-duty 0.08 in (2.03 mm) pin plug (AXEL), insulated alligator clip (619XEL), shrouded right-angle 4 mm banana plug (633XEL, 634XEL). These are also all available with silicone wire.
- Accurate and consistent diagnostic work on hard to reach wires.
- Technicians can use their own leads and plug into the (2) banana sockets (jacks) on the sides of the T-handles for quick connections. This makes diagnostics a breeze with any multimeter.
- Popular as a heavy-duty electronic test component in automotive, energy and electrical applications.
- Although already a soldered assembly, these test clips can also connect to another test lead wire or cable. By soldering wire where the banana sockets are located, users can create a continuous jumper to expand electronic test functionality.
- Chisel-tip (screwdriver) design easily separates a single wire in dense wire groups for easy connection. Additionally, the contact point is a single piece of stainless steel inside an insulated shaft with no sliding contacts in order to ensure accurate test results.
- V-groove design of the contact tip seats the wire properly for contact and obtains instant continuity by activating the piercing needle on the test hook.
- Spring loaded, insulation-piercing connection provides sufficient force in order to hold the insulation-piercing needle in place to ensure a strong and reliable connection for electrical testing.
- Insulation-piercing needle can pierce wires from 0.05 in (1.27 mm) to 0.15 in (3.81 mm). The piercing needle maintains wire integrity after removal of needle from insulation therefore supporting long lasting use.
- Female banana sockets on test hooks accepts (2) shrouded or unshrouded male standard (4 mm) banana plugs. Banana sockets are located on the side of T-handle, so that technicians can plug leads in from the sides.