XEL Macro-Hook with Banana Sockets, Insulation Piercing
The narrow body insulation-piercing XEL macro test hook w/ banana sockets is designed for piercing 32-18 AWG wire. The narrow body design makes testing easy in smaller, hard to reach areas. The T-Shaped handle has shrouded banana sockets on either side, in order to allow technicians to easily plug in test leads from any angle and to get straight to work for diagnostic testing.
- Other insulation-piercing connectors: (XJ, XJL) original short and long macro hook style and also (XEP, XEPA) straight and angled micro hook style.
- Accurate, consistent diagnostic work on hard to reach wires.
- Technicians can use their own leads and plug into the (2) banana sockets (jacks) that are on either side of the T-handle for quick connections making diagnostics a breeze with any multimeter.
- Popular as a heavy-duty electronic test component in automotive, energy and electrical applications.
- As a solderless assembly, this test clip also connects to a test lead wire or cable, expanding electronic test functionality.
- Chisel-tip (screwdriver) design easily separates a single wire in dense wire groups for easy connection. Additionally, the contact point is a single piece of stainless steel inside an insulated shaft with no sliding contacts. This ensures accurate test results.
- V-groove design of the tip seats the wire properly for contact and obtains instant continuity by activating the piercing needle.
- Spring loaded, insulation-piercing connection provides sufficient force in order to hold the insulation-piercing needle in place to ensure a strong and reliable connection for electrical testing.
- Insulation-piercing needle can pierce wires from 0.05 in (1.27 mm) to 0.15 in (3.81 mm). Piercing needle maintains wire integrity after removal of needle from insulation.
- Double banana sockets on test hook accepts shrouded and unshrouded standard (4 mm) banana plugs. Banana sockets are located on either side of T-handle, so that technicians can plug leads in from either side.